If your tree exhibits signs of distress, it may need to be removed. It is important to find a licensed and insured Potomac tree removal company.
Removing trees can be a complicated process and mistakes are costly, so it is important to find an experienced, licensed and insured Potomac tree removal company, like Ed’s Tree Service, that you know you can trust.
Do you need tree removal in Potomac? How to inspect your tree:
- Start your inspection at the base of the trunk and work your way up. Soil heave- the upwards swelling of soil- is the first thing to look for at the bottom of the trunk and beneath the canopy
- Around the base of the trunk- do you notice decay-producing fungi such as mushrooms, beginning to grow?
- Moving up the tree trunk there may be cracks in the bark or you may see the bark peeling back
- Further up the trunk, you might notice tree holes or semi-enclosed cavities in the trunk
- When you reach the scaffold branches- the primary limbs which form the beginning of the tree’s canopy- they may have tree holes
- Going towards the top of the canopy there may be dead or hanging branches in the upper crown- the leafy branches that make up the top part of the canopy
- When inspecting individual branches you might notice small twigs without buds near the ends of the branches
How to make sure your Potomac tree removal company is qualified to handle your tree care needs:
- Are they licensed and insured? This should be your first question. It is important to ensure that the company is properly licensed and insured to handle your tree removal needs. The company should also be willing to send a certificate of insurance verifying liability and workman’s comp coverage.
- What are the company’s credentials? Hiring a tree removal company with proper credentials confirms that they are a qualified tree care company that conducts safe and legal business. Ed’s Tree Service is a professional Potomac tree care company with accreditations from the Maryland Arborist Association, the Tree Care Industry Association, and the International Society of Arboriculture.
- Are they well versed in safety measures? The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires that personal protective equipment is used for any tree care operation. A professional tree removal company will be aware of all current safety standards.
With over 30 years of experience, Ed’s Tree Service understands the importance placed on finding a proper Potomac tree removal company. Tree protection is an important part of arbor care, and extensive education and expertise are required to accurately identify trees for removal.
As a professional and trusted Potomac tree removal company, we are here for your tree removal needs and look forward to hearing from you soon!
In 2015, Potomac was named the 3rd-most educated place in America according to Forbes. Bloomberg Businessweek labeled Potomac as the twenty-ninth-richest zip code in the United States in 2011, stating that it had the largest population of any U.S. town with a median income of more than $240,000. In 2018, data from the American Community Survey revealed that Potomac was the sixth-wealthiest city in the United States. Many Potomac residents work in nearby Washington, D.C.