Finding Professional Tree Service in Chevy Chase, MD You Can Trust
Ed’s Tree Service is proud to have been assisting Maryland communities for more than 30 years. With over 15,000 customers, we continue to prioritize customer safety and offer the highest quality of services. Our employees are able to diagnose your preventative or emergency tree situation and quickly complete the service you need.
Contact our caring and responsive staff for immediate help if you have storm damage from trees or branches. You can call anytime and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible – absolutely within hours.
The best way to avoid damage from storms and other occurrences is to practice good tree hygiene. Tree trimming and tree pruning is essential for the health and beauty of your trees and for your personal safety. Managing your trees will result in keeping limbs from damaging roofs and gutters, preventing crowding and rubbing branches, reduction of safety hazards, and increasing light and air penetration. Our tree trimming and pruning services are listed below:
- Crown cleaning: Removing dead, dying, diseased, crowded, weakly attached, or sickly branches from the crown of the tree.
- Crown thinning: Selectively removing branches to improve light penetration and air-flow throughout the crown. Thinning reduces wind resistance and helps prevent storm damage to your trees.
- Crown raising or elevating: Removing the lower branches from a tree can provide better clearance for roofs, gutters, buildings, vehicles, walkways, and improve visibility. Elevating the tree crown also increases the amount of light that filters through to your lawns and walkways below.
- Crown clearing: Eliminating branches that interfere with wires, gutters, roofs, chimneys, windows, decks, or play areas is important to the health of the tree and to the safety and security of your family and property. Limbs that obstruct walkways and streets can also be a public safety issue in addition to annoying the neighbors.
- Crown reduction: Reducing the size of the tree and reshaping the crown is an important tree health and safety issue when a tree suffers storm damage.
- Wound assessment: We DO NOT dress wounds on trees. Current research shows that dressings seal in moisture and prevent healing. It’s a myth that dressings accelerate wound closure, protect against insects and disease, or reduce decay. Allow your trees to heal naturally.
The Process of Our Tree Removal Service in Maryland
If you’re in need of Maryland storm damage tree removal services, you can trust our team to safely and efficiently get the job done. This is what to expect from our emergency tree removal service:
- A tree service estimator will come to your property, provide a written estimate, and go over details with you.
- If a tree or branch falls on your house, fence, garage, or other structure, we will move you through the insurance claims process. We try our best to maximize your policy coverage and minimize your stress.
- Our expert crane operators and tree removal crews take great care to protect and preserve your property. No one should have to deal with additional unnecessary damage from tree removal!
What You Need to Know About Cost and Insurance For Your Emergency Tree Service in Chevy Chase
When faced with this situation, we will contact your insurance agent, explain the situation, get approval, and bill your insurance company directly if possible to avoid out-of-pocket costs. Below are four things to know about insurance-related guidelines when it comes to storm damage:
- Insurance policies typically cover all or part of the cost to remove trees or branches from your home or other structure/building.
- Insurance policies do not cover trees and branches that fall on lawns, driveways, or bushes.
- If your tree is healthy and its branches fall on a neighbor’s property during a storm, you are not responsible for the damage. The neighbor’s homeowner’s insurance will cover clean-up and repairs to their property.
- If your tree is dead and its branches fall on a neighbor’s property, you will be held responsible for the damages due to negligence. Protect your financial well-being by removing dead trees and dead branches.