Do you need professional stump removal at your Rockville, Maryland property?
Top Reasons for Tree Stump Removal
- Better Appearance– Old tree stumps can be an eyesore on your Rockville lawn. For many, they are even considered worse than weeds and other unwanted plants, which will inevitably grow on tree stumps if they are not removed. Professionally removing old tree stumps can improve the overall appearance of your yard.
- Create Space– Old tree stumps can take up valuable space in your outdoor area, and removing them can help give you the widest and clearest garden possible, allowing extra space for activities or planting new things.
- Remove a Hazard– Over time, when weeds or grasses grow over your stump, they become more difficult to spot, and can easily become a tripping hazard. They could even cause damage to your lawn mower if you try to clear the weeds and grass from them.
Why Choose a Company Licensed and Insured for Professional Stump Removal in Rockville, Maryland?
Tree service professionals, like those at Ed’s Tree Service, are able to use their extensive expertise and knowledge to make your stump removal process as fast and easy as possible, all while maximizing the benefits in appearance for your lawn.
Not only can you expect an increase in quality with professional stump removal, but often, it is also more cost and time effective than trying to remove the stump yourself, particularly if you are in need of other tree services.
The equipment needed for stump removal can be very costly and difficult to rent, and without professional experience using this equipment, it can even become dangerous. Read more about the benefits of hiring a professional for stump removal in this Near Say article.
The Rockville Stump Removal Process
Stump grinding is the method used for our professional stump removal in Rockville, MD. You can expect our expert stump removal process to include grinding the stump, as well as grinding an additional foot of surrounding ground in order to reach any underlying roots. If needed, we will grind even larger areas to remove unsightly or annoying surface roots. Different stump grinding machines are used for smaller or larger stump removals.
Small Stump Removal:
- Smaller stump grinding machines are self-propelled and designed to fit through 36-inch-wide openings. These stump machines will grind smaller stumps down 2-6 inches below the surface.
Large Stump Removal:
- Larger stump grinding machines are not self-propelled and will arrive by truck. Our driver will carefully back the truck, and stump removal machine, across your yard to reach the large stump. These stump machines will grind the stump down 12 inches below the surface to effectively destroy the root ball.
Post- Stump Removal Options for your Rockville, Maryland Property
- Mulch- After we have finished grinding the stump, the resulting mulch is used to back-fill the hole. Over time, the stump mulch will settle back into the ground. This nourishes the soil.
- Topsoil and Seed- If you prefer, we will remove the ground stump mulch and replace it with topsoil and seed, for an additional charge.
Learn more about our professional stump removal process in Rockville, Maryland.
Ed’s Tree Service is a licensed and insured stump removal company that services Maryland and Washington, DC, including Rockville. According to the City of Rockville’s website, “Rockville values its trees and forests because of the many benefits they provide to the community”. The website also lists some of the benefits of trees to the Rockville area, including increasing property value, shading homes and protecting against cold during the winter, filtering pollutants out of runoff, stabilizing soils and providing habitat for birds, butterflies and beneficial insects.