Use our Bethesda summer tree care guide to feed your trees and keep them growing strong all summer long!
Bethesda summer tree care is important to keep your trees healthy and strong, as strong trees are less susceptible to damage throughout the rest of the year particularly during the harsher winter months.
Make sure you do appropriate tree pruning:
- Pruning fruit trees is particularly important during summer as it allows the branches to maximize sunlight exposure and produce the best fruit.
- Summer is also the best time to prune trees or shrubs that produce flowers in the spring right after they have finished blooming.
- While winter storms are no longer a threat, summer weather can bring strong winds so be sure to remove any tree limbs or branches that appear weak and have the potential to fall and cause damage.
Consider Tree Fertilization:
- Summer is the best time to fertilize trees to protect them from the harsh heat and make them better able to withstand the winter storms to come.
- When it comes to Bethesda summer tree care, Ed’s Tree Service uses the Mauget Tree Injection Process for tree fertilization. This method injects liquid fertilizer directly into the sap wood at the base of the tree. With a lot of watering this special mineral formula is designed to stimulate growth of the tree foliage, trunk and root system.
Choosing a Professional Arborist for the Best Results
If you’re considering a professional tree service for your Bethesda summer tree care, make sure to choose a licensed and insured arborist, like Ed’s Tree Service. Some summer tree care can be performed by homeowners, but often an untrained eye isn’t able to detect everything. It is especially important to consider a professional tree service for tree pruning or tree fertilization to maximize the benefits.
Learn more about your Bethesda summer tree care here!
According to the Montgomery County website, “A licensed tree expert is required to be well-trained and experienced in how to care for trees, how to trim or remove trees, how to recognize hazardous trees, how to plant trees… all in such a way as to be safe and follow laws. Further, a Maryland Licensed Tree Expert is required to be appropriately insured and bonded.” When research your Bethesda tree care, consider licensed and insured Ed’s Tree Service: Locally owned and operated since 1987.